Saturday, May 13, 2006

Euphoric start to the weekend


Euphoria fulgida, the Emerald Euphoria. These were common as stink today, landing on Oak and Grape and whatnot, and apparently doing nothing.
Vero Beach FL
5/13/06


Plecia. Another common sight hereabouts this time of year.
One interesting thing I saw today is that dragonflies will investigate these, but neglect to eat them. They fly up and look, but, do not catch. I suppose that aposematic coloration works!
Fort Pierce FL
5/13/06


As of yet I know not what this gecko may be. Perhaps Hemidactylus mabouia?
Fort Pierce FL
5/13/06


Baby Mockingbirds outside my place.
Fort Pierce FL
5/13/06


A displaying Brown Anole at the lab.
Vero Beach FL
5/12/06

1 comment:

Tea said...

That gecko looks so cute that I would like to have one of those as a pet!