Friday, September 22, 2006

Anyone out there?


I have not posted in a helluva long time, and if anyone still visits this site, I apologize. I have been working like mad at writing my thesis and am now mostly done. That means 5 of the 6 chapters are written and submitted to my advisor. My defense is on the 19th of October, and after that things should be a lot less hectic. I have still been posting quite a bit to flickr, as far as photos go...So what interesting morsel can I post today? I suppose that the mantid and the Milichiids make a good story, so here goes.This is a Brunner's mantid that has captured a stinkbug. The flies are Milichiids that are attracted to the defensive compounds released by the stinkbug....





Whereupon they get in there and eat up what they can....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yes I'm here. Stumbled in via bugguide. Enjoyed your photos and will have a better look around. Keep posting!

Randy Emmitt
Randy's Macro Photography Blog
http://rlephoto.com/pblog/index.php

thingfish23 said...

You still rock.